Answering All Of Your Questions
Family law and divorce can be a confusing and overwhelming legal process. At Kelli McDaniel Day, Attorney at Law, in Montgomery, Alabama, we are dedicated to making that process easier. Whether you are facing divorce, custody issues or adoption, our lawyer, Kelli Day, is ready to help you through it.
Here are helpful tips and answers to family law questions Ms. Day is frequently asked:
- Is a divorce costly? In most cases, we utilize an hourly fee for divorce services. Each case is unique, but we are willing to work with you and your family to ensure you get the services you need.
- What is the best way to prepare for a divorce? One of the most beneficial things you can do is to keep track of everything, especially if you have children and are seeking custody. Having a calendar of when you are taking care of the children, avoiding posting on social media and taking notes about things that seem significant will help you (and help us) build the best case for your divorce proceedings.
- Will the child custody agreement automatically be equal time between the two parents? The judge on your case makes a decision on custody agreements by examining the evidence brought by each side. The child’s best interest is the most important factor. We will help you present the best evidence that reflects your goals and demands when it comes to custody.
- How is child support determined? The child support standards in Alabama are determined by combined incomes as well as the cost of both health insurance and day care for the children — and who pays for them. You should not go into debt paying child support, nor should you go without it if you truly need it for your children. Your children’s best interests are our first priority, and we will fight to ensure your ability to take of them.
- How is the process of adoption initiated? The most important element of an adoption is the consent of the biological parent. This can either be done in writing or by implication. We will help you obtain this consent and confirm that everything is official and done correctly.
Get In Touch
Having an experienced professional like Mrs. Day on your side will make working through your family law matter smooth, professional and clear. She will help you understand your situation and answer all your questions from start to finish. Schedule an initial consultation with us today by calling 334-269-5585. You can also send an email.